
I couldn't let an event like what happened last night, go by without blogging. I feel like I am living in a dream. Some moments it's so real, and others I'm still in awe and amazement. Last night touched me in a way that I didn't even know it could. To hear my 5 year old son, who is half African American shout with joy that Obama won did something to me that I will never forget. Like my husband said last night, you will always remember where you were when the FIRST African American was elected as president. However it was the word's of a five year old girl that touched me the most. A child of some good friends of ours said to her daddy last night, "The Obama's look like me." How wonderful to know that we are one step closer to the day where children will never have to know that because of the color of their skin, they are treated as less than. They live in a country where they can now dream and possibly be the next President of the United States.




1 comment:
Seriously.
I was overcome with emotion as well... I can only imagine how that must have been for you to watch your beautiful boy express his own excitement... Amazing~
Post a Comment