Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Homework


So, I HATED homework when I was in school, and I still hate it now. Since Noa is in Pre-K, he is assigned a homework packet at the beginning of each week that needs to be turned in the following Monday. When I first went to back to school night, and then came home and told Noa that he would have homework, he was not happy. How does he even know what homework is??? So I've officially decided that I never would have been a good pre -school teacher. I forget how hard things are as a four year old, and I get so easily frustrated. I have already seen a huge difference in him academically this year though. He's learning to write, and yesterday his teacher showed me a picture he had colored, and I asked her if she was sure she had the right one. When he takes his time, you would think that he's known how to do these things for weeks. He reminds me a lot of my brother Koa in the sense that he puts pressures on himself that don't need to be there, and because of these pressures he gets stressed out. However, you tell the kid he did a great job, and all you get is a huge grin from ear to ear. I sure do hope Pre-K gets easier, for me that is.

No comments:


My two favorite guys