Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Coolest Avo Ever!!!

For Father's Day, we decided to get out of town, and take a trip to my dad's vacation house in Sonora. My daddy is happiest when he's here, and Dante and I could use the break. As usual, we left about two hours later than planned, and arrived somewhere close to midnight, (this drives my dad NUTS). However once he knew we were safe, off he went to bed. We woke up the next morning to a PERFECT day in the mountains. Saturday we lounged around pretty much all day, (Dante slept till 11:00AM, but he needed it) and then we went and saw UP! GREAT movie! Had something in it for all of us, I believe my tough husband even had a little bit of watery eye syndrome. Through out the whole day, Kainoa is trying to convince his Avo (grandpa in Portuguese) that he should open his Father's Day present. Well Avo wouldn't budge, Kainoa would have to wait unil Sunday. So, first thing Sunday morning Kainoa was begging to open presents. First he gave his daddy the cool Superman shirt he picked out, and then it was time for Avo's present. Kainoa could hardly contain himself.

We got Avo a water gun!!! When Kainoa opened his for his birthday Avo said he wanted one, so that's what he got. The minute he opened his present, they were plotting on when they could have their battle.

After the presents were opened, we packed up and headed to Aunt Lilly's and Uncle Manuel's house on Lake Tulloch to get some lake time in. Kainoa had fun with Nana riding on his rocket. I on the other hand was a wreck, the water was so choppy, that they flew up in the water more than a couple times. I was relieved when the ride was over.
After we brought the boat in, it was time for Kainoa and Avo to battle it out! I remember playing with my grandpa as a kid, and thinking that he was the coolest grandpa ever. I always wanted that for Kainoa, and am so happy that he has the coolest Avo ever!!!

No comments:


My two favorite guys