Thursday, July 9, 2009

First attempt @ notecards

So, taking some inspiration from my old friend Tammy, I decided to make an attempt at note cards. My Auntie's 50th b-day was coming up, and the invites didn't say "no gifts", so what was I going to do? As people get older, it seems to get harder to find the right gift. After much thought, I decided on personalized note cards. Now, Tammy's cards are absolutely adorable, I would know, since I have some of my own. That being said, I had some pretty high expectations for myself. I decided that since my family is Hawaiian, and LOVES the islands, I would use photos that I took from our family trip last summer. The theme was Honus. Let me know what you think!


I needed something to put the cards in, so I bought this plain tin and decorated it with Hawaiian themed scrapbooking paper. I cut the letters out of brown card stock using my cricut machine, which I love!


These pictures were all taken on the Big Island of Hawaii. I've always loved the Honus, and had a blast seeing them and capturing these shots. I adhered the pictures onto a cream colored note card, and inked the sides of the cards, along with the envelopes to match. I then hand wrote my aunt's name in the corner of each card.



1 comment:

Tammy said...

OMGoodness!
I am so behind on my blog reading and I'm just catching up! I cannot believe I've not seen these ADORABLE cards until just now. They are so sweet, so personal, so special, and I absolutely love them--and I'm sure your Auntie does too!
xxoo


My two favorite guys