Wow, it's really been a while since I've posted anything on here. This week has been a week of reflections. With Kainoa's SIXTH b-day coming up in just three months, I've started to get a little emotional about how fast it all happens. Here are two conversations that happened this week, both of which had me on the verge of the full on water works.
Tuesday, March 17th -
Noa: "Mommy, I have to tell you something"
Me: "What's up buddy?"
Noa: "I rode Titan's bike today."
Me: "Cool, that sounds like fun."
Noa: "And guess what..."
Me: "What"
Noa: "It only had TWO wheels."
Me: Three deep breaths... Speechless
The real kicker is that he taught himself, I had to break the news to daddy that he no longer had to worry about teaching him, and that it was time to take the training wheels off of his bike.
Thursday, March 19th -
Noa comes busting outside, bypasses his grandma, and doesn't even say hello to me
Noa: "Mom, I have a loose tooth. I got it from eating my apple"
Me: "Really buddy, that's awesome!" My voice only cracked a little.
Where has the time gone??? I told him last night, that we're just going to skip six, so that he can stay five for one more year.
His response: "No way, then I can't go to 1st grade"
What about me, doesn't anyone around here care what mommy thinks???
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My two favorite guys




No comments:
Post a Comment