Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mommy I'm not feeling good

I hate those words. You would think that eventually you would get used to it, but it never gets easier. There was nothing we could do to save him, Kainoa was sick. It started Friday night, his throat was hurting, and then the coughing, finally followed by a slight fever. At least it was happening on Friday, and we had a whole weekend to nurse him back to good health, or so we thought. We had already committed to watching two kids Saturday night, and after calling their mom to let her know Noa was sick, they were still coming over. He pretty much rested all day until he had his soccer pictures at 1:50PM. Dante was not happy with me that I still wanted him to go. I just knew that if we didn't let him go, once it came time to hand the pictures out, his little heart would have been crushed, so we toughed it out. BAD IDEA, hey I can admit when I'm wrong. It was 96 degrees outside, with minimal shade, he was miserable. When it was time for his individual picture he looked so bad, everyone around me was saying, "poor Kainoa", and I'm thinking, who is this kids mom that would let him come out here like that? So the photographer gave him the ball and told him to say cheese, and he did, and he looked so cute. What a little trooper I have. The same happened with the group shots, and we were done. Once we got home, the kids showed up, and all of the sudden the sickness was gone. Isn't it just so amazing how they do that. So all the way up to Sunday evening, I thought we were in the clear. Whew, neither one of us would have to take the day off tomorrow. WRONG AGAIN! Sunday night his temperature spiked to 102. I did all the normal things and brought it down, hoping that he'll be able to go to school on Monday. No such luck, Monday morning, Dante and I are trying to figure it all out. Dante will take the morning shift, and I will come home at lunch so he can go to work. Teamwork, I love my husband. So today, Kainoa was off to school, both Dante and I praying that he makes it through the day. Sickness, just one of the many joys of being a parent.

No comments:


My two favorite guys